Friday, December 19, 2008

A Tale of Two Women



I really enjoy making things, and sending them to people who will use them to tell their own stories with them.


Sometimes I don't get a chance to see or hear the special story that they inspire.

On rare occasions someone shares the results with me. It's really wonderful when that happens! I love to see the little beads or charms enhanced and transformed by the person who makes them their own.


One of those times happened recently.

To celebrate the one year anniversary of my blog, I created a little glass charm with the word 'ONE' over the portrait of a solemn lady, with another woman in a circular mat on the other side.

I offered it as a gift, to someone who posted a reply on the blog, to say 'thank you' for all the support and encouragement.

There were lots of replies to the post. I put all the names in a hat and pulled one out to see who would receive the little charm.


The winner of the charm was
Beth Himmela of HINT, a very talented lady who works in silver.

She shared with me the design she made with the charm, a beautiful necklace. But even more special is that
she shared the story of what the little images spoke to her.


I'm so thrilled when something I made with lots of pleasure, can go and belong to someone else and give them a new story to tell.

Be sure to go to her blog and read it, it will warm your heart.

2 comments:

Beth Hikes said...

Thanks for the lovely post, Lynn! I am always intrigued by how you enhance the ambiance of your work with such beautiful backdrops. I'm inspired to do some collage and painting today :)

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

Beth, if you are as messy when collaging as I am, grab your gloves first! I seem to end up with paint, glue and who-knows-what all over my hands. Thank goodness for aprons!