Saturday, February 28, 2009

Bright New And Old



It's been a blustery, cold day. No snow, at least not yet. Bundled up in the studio, with hot tea beside the workbench, I've been starting in on some of the big batch of resin charms I showed earlier. I wanted them to look ancient and weathered, with lots of character.


Apparently, no matter how careful I am or how many pairs of gloves I remember to put on, I eventually end up with something all over my hands. These are components that will be added to other pieces, to make one focal or parts of a design. Not sure exactly how they'll go together yet.

They are all handmade, and I applied my faux-tique technique to the resin, to make them look like artifacts from an ancient archeological site. And also applied some antiquing to my thumb while I was at the process.



I wanted to get some glass in the kiln today, too, but the day got away from me. I'd like to fuse some more faux gems for some of the pieces in the works right now. Maybe tomorrow I'll get the glass cut and into the kiln for fusing. And maybe it'll be a bit warmer, too.

1 comment:

Summer said...

These pieces are lovely. I love the antiqued look and the subtleties of colors that emerge under the resin. I can't wait to see the finished pieces:)