Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Gifts and Exchanges


Rachel at TileSmile and I did an exchange in the winter time. She liked some of my things, and I selected some of her tiles. This one is an Irish toast.


Some I can't show as they are planned for gifts, and the gift receivers read this blog. Don't want to spoil the surprise.


I love the colors, and the ruddy earthenware clay. The words are cheery and fun. They came in this fun box, with purple paper.


And she sent me an unglazed tile, inviting me to paint onto it. So far I've just been enjoying its rustic raw unglazed texture. Maybe I'll paint on it, and possibly I'll leave it the way it is, swirls of reddish, glazed terra cotta.

7 comments:

SummersStudio said...

I love tilesmile. There is just something very tactile and inviting about her work. BTW the goodies arrived! I am over the moon!

Beth Hikes said...

I LOVE these tiles! So clever and the packaging is neat too :)

dogfaeriex5 said...

wow, these are so beautiful, i cannot wait to see what you do with them!! thank-you for my lovely package..received it yesterday..i LOVE it..the scarab is amazing and totally looks like metal...i might have to buy her a companion, lol..and of course the necklace(wearing now)is so beautiful, i keep running my fingers over the face....xo

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

I love pottery and ceramics. I wanted to be a potter but then life happened, so I'm a big fan of you ceramicists! I'm using them as drink coasters but they'd be greate framed and hung up, too.

Candace said...

Those are wonderful! I love tiles too and appreciate finding tilesmile through your site. Fantastic photos!
Candace in Athens

Andrew Thornton said...

Trading amongst artists is the best. I think it's a really great way of being creative and spreading creativity. How wonderful!

Pretty Things said...

Those are terrific!!!