Monday, June 8, 2009

Hot Glass, Lots of Sheen


I put some of the dichroic glass into the kiln, and here are the rough little nuggets that came out.

I still need to use the grinder to clean up the edges and give them a little fire polish.


I think they turned out beautifully. Some have a clear backing glass, some have black to make the colors pop, and some have white glass.


They'll get their settings and their wire loops. Then they can be earrings, or necklace dangles, all sparkly and beautiful and gleaming.

7 comments:

sharon said...

I really like the clear or iridescent ones, and some look like they are crackled.....I love that Lynn!

SummersStudio said...

Beautiful! And you really captured the colour in these. Not so easy to do.

Anonymous said...

Wowza, those are so stunning!

The Joy of Nesting said...

I agree with Sharon,
The clear ines have the ethereal feel and look like many moon stones do!! It brings to mind all kinds of fanciful tales.... frozen tears of an ice Queen, fossilized rain drops :) Well it's possible :)

Pattie ;)
Mazatlan Mx.

Pretty Things said...

You know, a LOT of people have asked me if I know of anyone that just does clear dichroic -- food for thought?

Those are great!

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

Thanks, Sharon - sometmes I wonder if the clear fused will get the same reaction as the black-backed, when the dichroic really pops!

LeAnn, you're so right about the photography. The colors are elusive!

Jenny, I'm so happy you like them. Tomorrow I'm posting photos of jewelry I'm making with them - hope you like them.

Pattie, that's a neat description, fossilized raindrops! Sort of like amber, but more ice-age, that's funny and quaint.

I love-love-love moonstones!

When I get a chance I'll be making some pendants and links with these, and putting in the Etsy shop. Thank goodness for long days, it helps me get more done!

Thanks all ya'll, you're so sweet.

HappyDayArt! said...

PRETTY!

Catherine