Monday, September 21, 2009

Shape of New Things


Yesterday I spent time working with the polymer clay and painting a lot of colorful new things. I had been working in the resin and pewter for a while, so I decided to get the polymer out and make some new things.

I also made some new molds. I haven't cast anything into them just yet, they are ready when the time comes.


I like using the polymer clay because it allows me to compile imagery together into new designs, like a three-dimensional collage.

There's something organic about it.

Some of the things that I made yesterday remind me of ceramics, and others look sort of like stone or rock.

I just noticed that I made RED - WHITE - BLUE color choices. Like the flag!


It's the faux-tique thing I enjoy - making replicas with the look and spirit of the original antiques. Anything I can dream up, I can try to duplicate. I made another container type ornate box, a reliquary. It has the word "SWEET" on the front. I haven't put color onto it yet. I've just accented the detail areas.

I can't decide what colors to use. I think something simple.

7 comments:

SummersStudio said...

Texture! My favourite, but you knew that. I love that slatey blue. Or as my daughter calls, faded denim.

Anonymous said...

They're all lovely!

SueBeads said...

I really like them too!

EmandaJ said...

ooo Lynn, I like these!
Emanda

Leslie @ Bei Mondi said...

These are gorgeous! The red ones are my favorite.

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

I need the feedback, so I appreciate it very much! They were fun to make, and simple.

Sue, I think the "denim" ones match some of your rainbow bead, I'll have to check and confirm!

I just noticed that I made RED-WHITE-BLUE - I must be feeling patriotic or something.

Anonymous said...

I do so enjoy all of your bits and baubles that you share on here.