Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Artifacts of the City of Lights


I've been making some Paris-inspired items lately. See the words in the oval charm, "PARIS CHAMPS ELYSEES" and the name and address of an old hotel, who knows if it's still there? "HOTEL AVENIDA" might just be dusty history...

Travel items interest me. I wish I could transport myself to a french flea market, to find little tidbits and goodies.



With an unlimited expense account, of course!

I make some things thinking that they might be like actual antiques and mementos that could be found on a search of a Paris flea market.


Things with the Eiffel Tower, without doubt.


Hotel advertising emblems.

Since I can't go in person, I send my imagination.

No jet lag, no ticket, no passport. Just an imaginary stroll through foggy, misty streets.

6 comments:

SummersStudio said...

I think I'll join you in that imagination trip. Paris is one of my favourite cities. I can't go right now either :-(. I love these resin pieces you've been doing.

TesoriTrovati said...

I am so there with you!
Lynn! I got my package and the charms and components that you sent me are so much more lovely in person. And a special Paris themed goodie? I am in heaven! Thank you so very much...for sharing your great talents with all of us. I can't wait to make something so pretty with these things!
Enjoy the day!
Erin

LDWatkins said...

Hi Lynn-always enjoy your pieces. Do you use molds for your resin pieces or doming resin? Hope you don't mind my asking.

SueBeads said...

I LOVE Paris! Love your pieces!

Debbie said...

I would love to visit Paris, but seeing your pieces is just as nice!

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

Erin, I'm so happy that you are pleased, I am anxious to see what you create, your designs are wonderful.

Sue, I didn't know you were from Glasgow, how interesting! My father is from Paris and I lived there briefly as a child. Much better to go again as an adult, maybe one day.