Friday, October 9, 2009

Friday at Last!


It's been a long week at the day job. With the added excitement of the paperwork and recovery for the lightning strike, it's been hard to fit in any creativity time at all.

It's possible I wouldn't feel so tired if I had made myself go down into the studio, but somehow I just couldn't make myself do that this week.

How do you know when you're really, really tired? For me it's when I start dropping things. Or making silly mistakes.

I started polishing a bead on the buffer, and after it went zinging across the room three times and I had to stop and search for it, I decided it was time to stop.

And twice this week, I accidently shipped the wrong items to people who ordered, and had to follow up and send the right things out. Duh, makes me feel badly.

GRRR. Irritates me when I make mistakes like that. I'm not looking for a lot of pats on the head, I always admit when I make errors. And I will, I'm human. But not so many in one week. And not so close together.

And I'm behind on some things I planned to have done already. Shucks!


Are there rules about that? Where do I sign up for being more perfect? I've been wearing this little pin I made that says "OLD-TIMERS" - kind of as a joke. An inside joke.

A friend of mine used to say she was having an attack of sometimers.

I'm not sure what my problem is, maybe I need vitamins.

In the meantime, I point to the little pin. Old-Timers.

2 comments:

The Joy of Nesting said...

Hmmmm sounds to me like you need to spend the weekend treating your symptoms with a hefty dose of "Lynn Time" You are surely suffering from an acute case of NTFL, (no time for lynn)disease. The best treatment for NLFL is an immediate dose of "Me Time" I think that if you were to spend the weekend getting reacquainted with that incredible person you share a body with the level of stress you both seem to be living with should be greatly reduced :) Give it a try why you might even find yourself enjoying a bit of time creating together in your studio!! :)

EmandaJ said...

Hi Lynn,

It's been a bit of a yucky week for me too. Maybe it's a phase of the moon or change of the seasons,or the weather patterns. Who knows, really? Maybe we're just TIRED.

I hope the weekend gets better for you.

Emanda
ArtemisiaStudio.blogspot.com