Sunday, December 6, 2009

Creative Mess Hands On


I've been working on some special orders. I needed to make several Eiffel Tower charms for someone, and some more headpins.

I've been working on things for a while, and my poor hands are messy.

On Monday mornings I soak my hands for a long time and take a nail brush to them.

It helps, but sometimes it take several days before my hands look good again.



It's cold in the studio today, soaking them in warm water would feel really good. They're a little stiff, along with being covered with dark stains.

I made this keyhole just for fun. It has two holes at the top for jump rings or loops, and one at the bottom. In case an old skeleton key needs to hang there.


I can see it being used as part of a toggle closure.

I need to brew some hot tea, to warm me up.

Gotta go back now and make some more pieces. Keys and things.

5 comments:

Sissy Sparrows said...

Oh your poor hands! I love the key hole....you did a great job with it.

mairedodd said...

must be very hard to work in a cold studio - the season has only just begun ~ hope there is a way you can warm it up... and congrats on the belle armoire piece! it was great...

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

Thanks for the nice words about the article, I hope to see it soon, my complimentary copy hasn't arrived yet. If it doesn't come today I will break down and go to the bookstore and buy one - I can't stand that I haven't seen it myself yet!

Yes, the studio gets very cold in this season, I resort to putting my feet on a heating pad on the floor, LOL. It's my hands that take the brunt of it - maybe I need some fingerless gloves for working to keep at least part of my hands warm.

Thanks for the feedback about the keyhole - now I'm trying to make some large skeleton keys too.

Riki Schumacher said...

Oh Lynn, your poor hands! Get some heat in that studio, okay? It is so cool to see your hands at work! Thanks for all your hard work.

Nena said...

so talented!