Sunday, January 24, 2010

Asian Right Side UP Hoping So


I love the look of asian characters, but I'm always wondering if I have them going the right way around. And I also worry that in their native language they say something silly like "buy dog food" instead of something meaningful about life or the cosmos.


I put this asian writing pendant together, and put the Pagoda style pewter charm next to it. My hands are itching to put together some jewelry with these glass pendants but so far I've been good and listed them, so if you want to play with them you can get to them.

I always know I can make more for myself later. The problem seems to be getting later to actually happen.

I'm thinking of setting Friday nights aside for play time in the studio. And setting a time limit, no more all-nighters!

Cuts into my Saturday morning time too much when I stay up so late.

But it was FUN!!

1 comment:

SummersStudio said...

I love kangi characters too and use some old type setting stamps sometimes. They say elegant things like 'flour'. That piece you made is beautiful. The wire suits the characters perfectly. What a good idea you have to set a regular play time aside. It is easy to get into a rut and forget to have fun. Thanks for that idea. I think I may have to designate some play time too.