Saturday, April 3, 2010

BEADZILLA and The Play Day at Cindy's


I got an invitation to go to Cindy J's house for a play day for a couple of hours today. She's signed up for a class in June with Richard Salley, the locket class that I didn't take at Artfest, so we were playing with iron wire and fold forming copper.


Well, I was playing with iron wire, Cindy was playing with fold forming copper. She knows how to do lots of things, I love going over and playing at her house.


Her workroom is right in the front of the house, well-lit and very cleverly decorated. She has beads hanging in many clever ways, all around the room. It's a bead extravaganza!


And she has colorful fun things to look at, it's a visual feast!


Her friends Joan and Gail came over too.


We don't always have a plan for things when there's a play day. Sometimes I just bring something I'm working on already. But Cindy does have lots of articles and photos, to get the ball rolling.


This is a picture on Cindy's wall, I love the way it looks.


It has beads and wood measuring ruler in the design.

There are giant fused glass monkeys hanging from the chandelier. Beauties, and very fun! I wish I had colorful glass monkeys hanging from MY chandelier...


We all bring our favorite tools, and Cindy has lots to share also.


I took my Artfest things to show them, and we talked about torches a while, Cindy knows a lot about torches.

One of these days we're going to have the play day at my studio. I'm cleaning it all up, tomorrow I'll post some photos of it while it's clean because it may not last long that way.


I'm very messy as a rule. I finish working with something and I don't always put it away. I'm going to try to be better about that.

At least I finally got all my Artfest packing and tools put away again.

In a cleaner studio!

1 comment:

mairedodd said...

well that looks like fun! how wonderful to be with like minds... and i wish i could have a work area in front of the house... seems only right because it sometimes feels like the soul of the house to me...