Thursday, April 29, 2010

Head and Shoulders, Wings and Hearts


I've been showing you some new pieces that combine the hand cast pewter bezels and the polymer clay components.

I'm showing these two, although they're already spoken for, because I'll be making some more that are similar as soon as I get a chance.

I'm having a great time with the heart shaped bezel. Maybe I have the Mother's Day holiday on my mind.


And I just finished this shallow round bezel. This one has a smiling moon face in it, but the bezel itself has a pretty finished back. I'm thinking of offering just the bezel by itself in the shop, then you can add what you'd like to the inside.


The folded wings heart turned out very nicely, the color and finish on the wings very light cream colored. I'm trying something new, too, by hand engraving a pattern on the reverse side in the pewter, to give it an old-fashioned look on the reverse. I think it could be worn either way, reversible. At least that's the idea.


So I'll need to get busy and make some more like these, since these are already gone. Hope you like them!

~~~~~~~~~~~
Yesterday I started to feel odd, with body aches and a huge headache. When I got home from the day job I had fever, but less than 100 degrees. I hope I'm not coming down with something ickky. It seems that every year I have to take one sick day off, and every year it's in the month of April. Weird, huh. This year I was hoping to break the string. If I can make it until Friday ....

6 comments:

SummersStudio said...

Lynn, I hope you can break the April pattern too. But you know, if you are sick, you'll only be sicker if you push to hard. So take care of yourself OK? I like the engraved backs especially well. It makes me think of pocket watches and lockets inscribed with special sentiments.

mairedodd said...

i really love these - the moon, the wings, the hearts... so gorgeous... do take care!

TesoriTrovati said...

Take great care, Lynn. I got sick last week and ended up with laryngitis. Still recovering, but with a sexy twang to my voice!
I love these, especially the wings. Soft and pretty.
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Beatnheart said...

Beautiful Lynn...the changing of the season usually brings on sickness. The body is changing..time for lighter, cooler foods...Be gentle..

Pretty Things said...

Just gorgeous!

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

I felt better for a day, and now today the fever, body aches and headache are back. I'm treating the symptoms and soldiering on, I have things I need to get done.

Usually on Saturday night I work in the studio until late, but I closed down the studio at 5:00 pm and went upstairs to rest.

I can't figure out what this is all about.

Thanks for the well-wishes!

I have a couple more things in the works and I want to finish them, so I'm keeping on pushing forward.