Saturday, June 26, 2010

Decisions and Quandries


I'm preparing to travel, and debating whether to put the Etsy shops on "vacation mode" or just leave up the notes I posted that say there'll be a delay in shipping.

I've always left them open, and shipped any orders when I returned from my travels.

I see also that the little poll on the sidebar has completed its time and the results are that most of you understand about waiting for custom orders.

But I also see that a few prefer that things be available for shipping right at the time of purchase.

I will try to keep a mix of both in the shop, and put a note in the listings that are "on spec" that are cast at the time of the order.

I've also decided to turn on Comment Moderation on the blog.

I learned that it has hit 52,500 hits, and is listed on one of the search blogs as #9 for jewelry blogs, for whatever that means, and that may be attracting some of the spam posts I'm getting.

Rather than have them inconvenience you, and annoy me, I've turned on Comment Moderation, so I don't have to be the Comment Police on my own blog.

If I see that the number of comments goes way down, or if you post here and let me know it really, really bothers you, I'll think about it some more.

Hope you're having a terrific summer day, in preparation for a wonderful summer weekend!

7 comments:

mairedodd said...

oh, does it stress you out to come back to items waiting to be shipped? if not, and the buyer knows you are away - depending upon how long- i would leave the shop open...

mairedodd said...

i like what you created over the weekend and am so glad you allowed yourself to just 'be'... we all need to recharge (yes, that is a need)... and somehow we label everything else that has to be done a need as well... as you are obviously not a slacker at risk of letting everything go (you are in fact, one of the busiest people i can think of!) do allow yourself that time - and please don't be hard on yourself when you take it...

SummersStudio said...

Happy travels, Lynn. I understand about the comment moderation. It's a little sad isn't it that we have to police comments like that.

Riki Schumacher said...

Hi Lynn, I've missed you! I've been traveling, unpacking, cleaning up our grounds so we can walk through brush! I love this piece you posted.

My vote would be to leave the shopping available and make a note of delayed shipping!

Have a great trip. See you when you return. Take care my friend. Riki

Alice said...

It's too bad people can't use their time for good rather than spamming blogs.

I hope your travels are safe and enjoyable.

Take care!
Alice

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

Well, I'm a big dummy! I forgot that if I turned on moderation of comments, I'd have to moderate them. Silly! So if you posted one and wondered where-oh-where it went, just chalk it up to my absent-minded-ness.

And thanks for the feedback - I'll leave the shop open with a note on the door, like you see at the coffeeshop - back soon! And hope no one minds.

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

It's the japanese ones that puzzle me - why would those spammers think my blog would lead anyone to them, I wonder?