Thursday, August 19, 2010

Two Moons Time


When I'm over at the studio, working on something, I enter some kind of a zone. I lose track of time, and whether I've eaten that day. I listen to music on the stereo - I load up six CDs in the changer and that gives me six hours of music. Sometimes I don't realize six hours has gone by until the music stops.

Then I blink, and look around. It's almost like I've been in a time bubble.

And I re-enter the regular timeflow.

These little moon face pendants have been requested lately. I enjoy making them, they look so peaceful.

They make me feel that way when I work on them.

I hope they make the wearers feel that way, too.

Very ZEN.

10 comments:

Spirited Earth said...

these are wonderful
i love mine :)

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

I'm so happy she went home with you! It was fun making her, knowing she was going to be "working with you" - I like that connection.

SummersStudio said...

These look so touchable and I love the soft colors of their sweet faces. It's wonderful when you can get into a work flow where time ceases. Happy you have that time.

SueBeads said...

I love them!

Stacey said...

Oooo..I really love these - so beautiful!

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

Thanks, friends. I got the original carved piece years ago. It was the last thing I did as I moved away from Houston - I stopped by the bead shop on the way out of town and bought the face, as a memento. So I don't want to part with the original for sentimental reasons, but this way I can make different colors in the same design.

BellaLunaArts said...

Hi Lynn,
I just Luuuuv these precious sweet faces! Thank you for posting!I'll check your Esty shop for them. Peace, Bridgette

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

Bridgette, I have one listed now and one that just needs finishing and it will be added. It makes me happy to create them, they have such a joyful expression, don't you think?

Andrew Thornton said...

Oh, I love these! They are quite charming! Nicely done as always!

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

Thanks, Andrew, it's always such a joy to see you on the blog. I do enjoy the little face smiling up at me. The little smile dimples make me chuckle.