Saturday, September 4, 2010

In the Kitchen


This morning I got up early and baked muffins and muffies.
Muffins are full sized, baked in paper cup liners.
Muffies are smaller, they're like just the muffin tops. I have a special muffie tin.
I made chocolate chip and blueberry cheesecake of each.
The muffins are in Dora the Explorer liners, guess who gets those?

Someone special who is two years old.


I also made homemade vanilla ice cream, and a container of homemade lemon sherbet. We still have a few leftover cupcakes from last weekend because I baked so many.

Can you freeze cupcakes? If not, I guess I'll just have to eat them more quickly.

I cooked up three dinners for next week and I'll put those in the refrigerator.

Sometimes on the weekend it's great to stock up.
So you don't have to work hard in the kitchen over a holiday.

And ice cream and cupcakes are always welcome additions to a meal, aren't they? 

4 comments:

Regina said...

You sure have a lot of energy on a Saturday morning! I am happy if I can make dinner that will last me two or three nights. Well, looks like you are all set to have a fun weekend, enjoy it!

Paige said...

mmm...it all sounds delicious!

you can freeze cupcakes! and they're delicious when still partially frozen. i do it often! of course, i like most of my cake products partially frozen...don't know why. :) i like to take them out of the freezer just before eating, pop them in the microwave for 15-20 seconds, and eat. especially nummy in the summer. :)

Fanciful Expressions said...

You sure have a lot of energy. That granddaughter of yours must give it to you.
All that food sounds so good.

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

It's funny, my daughter said the same thing, about the energy.

I just like to get as much done on a Saturday as I can, so I'm freer the rest of the week. And if I get an assembly line arrangement going, it speeds things up, since the oven's all ready and the measuring cups sitting out - at least, that's what I tell myself.

I taste tested the muffies - and they were yummy, if I do say so myself.

Thanks, Paige, for the freezer and thawing hints ... that's a great idea, super big thanks!