Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Wearable Jewelry



Last week, I took time to create some finished jewelry from the pewter components and my hand dyed costume pearls.

It's been a while since I sat down with the beads and jewelry pliers and made finished jewelry.



These costume pearls were my attempt to create dark, blue-black colored costume pearls. There were some small diameter, some slightly larger, and one that's a teardrop shape. I dyed them a while back in the Missouri studio. I haven't set up the dyebaths in the new studio here yet. One more thing I need to get done.

The acrylic bicone beads I used for an accent were also dyed, right along with the costume pearls.

This necklace has found a home already, which makes me very happy. I often wonder whether, if I create wearable jewelry instead of components only, will they find someone who wants to wear them?

This necklace did! And that's a special excitement for me. 

6 comments:

Beatnheart said...

A beautiful Piece!

TesoriTrovati said...

Truly stunning. I think you have a marvelous sense of color and proportion and style. Thank you for sharing your inspiration today!
Enjoy the day!
Erin

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

Thanks, friends. I enjoyed making it. And test wearing it, however briefly, LOL!

Unknown said...

It is hard to keep up with jewelry once you become a component maker!

This is a wonderful heirloom piece, Lynn!

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

You are so right, Stacie! But I'm trying to carve out one day a week to make finished jewelry, to keep it on my mind. It keeps the fingers nimble!

Suz said...

That is truly beautiful! I also loved your filagree and faux porcelain. Very creative!

I just figured out my Google Reader and have you as a favorite. It has been confusing as my daughter and I share a blog. we primarily do repurposed jewelry. We would love to have you visit our blog which is not just about our jewelry but about our other loves. She loves vintage fashion and I love papercrafts. We both adore estate sales and garage sales. Now to visit your site again!

Suz
http://katsuijewelry.blogspot.com