Friday, October 1, 2010

Gazing and Wondering



I thought it might be fun this month to make up some little gazing balls, for dangles or to use on a charm bracelet. I want to use one as a dangle on a necklace, so I made up several last weekend.



Two are clear, and two are black. I'm thinking of looking for some red glass balls to encase. That would be interesting, for October designs. I put some in the Etsy shop, if you want to play with them.

You'd be surprised how hard it is to work with these round forms. They want to roll around. And it's hard to hang onto them, they slip through the pliers or grippers, and want to get loose. It's tricky too, getting the round loop on the top to be straight, when you're working with a little sphere.

But they're worth it once they're done.

4 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

oh yeah... those are so worth the effort! Love them!
Enjoy the day!
Erin

SummersStudio said...

I saw these the other day in your shop and kinda fell instantly in love.

Mary Harding said...

Those are super gorgeous Lynn. Love them.

Alice said...

Oh, love the idea! These are sweet little orbs that could be used in so many ways!