Saturday, October 9, 2010

Razzle Dazzle Bling


In with the keys, in the package of goodies that Erin loaned me, was this marvelous rectangular piece that looks like it might have been a buckle, or some kind of connector.

I wasn't sure how well it would cast or mold, I didn't know if it would look as shiny and sparkly as the original once I re-created it in pewter.

But I think it turned out really well. I can see it as a focal for a bracelet, with a double strand of faux pearls or faceted shiny beads. It's in the Etsy shop, if you want to see more pictures, or take it home and design with it.

I really enjoy working with the old pieces. If I can re-create a replica of them, it makes me feel that I'm giving them a second life.

2 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

Beautiful Lynn. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy the day!
Erin

Riki Schumacher said...

This is great Lynn, love it. Take care, Riki