Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Street Miles


Remember my "triad of troubles" when I said that the VW Van had thrown a rod - whatever that means, it's BAD - and it was in the shop?

We ordered a new engine from California, it took a long time to arrive and another long time to get installed, but it's here and now the Van is Back!

We picked it up yesterday. It got a lot of other new parts, too. It is a 1989 VW Westfalia Campmobile. If you're a fan of them, you know what that means. If not, it's a camper, inside a VW van.

The top pops up, it has a refrigerator, stove and sink inside, and it is very fun for camping, for those who don't like to sleep on the ground in the great out of doors.

So we got it back, and it is driving very well now. I'm excited.

It's a coincidence that this weekend my daughter, the grandbaby and I are driving to Texas to visit family. Because we're NOT taking the van.

But when I get back, I mean to start planning some overnight trips to the lake soon, while the weather is still nice and not too cold at night.

YAY, VAN!

4 comments:

lunedreams said...

Those vans are sweet! A friend had one, slightly converted, and I thought it was the coolest thing ever. And the Westphalia is one of the better looking vans around. Congrats on getting your second home back!

Spirited Earth said...

good to hear your camper-mobile is back and ready for fall trips

SummersStudio said...

Yay! Fall is the bestest time for excursions.

Riki Schumacher said...

Oh I love those Lynn, so glad you got it fixed up! Have a great trip. Hugs, Riki