I haven't made any of these venus shell gemstone settings in a while, so I finished one on Sunday. I don't have very many of the gold-tones rhinestones left. I've made these with oval pearl-like gems in the setting, also. This setting casting comes from an original that was loaned to me, that was found in a french flea market. I like that I can reproduce it, and give it another life.
The original that I copied didn't have a stone in it, only the setting where a stone should go. I was happy that I was able to find some rhinestones the right diameter to fit there, to make them look finished. Love the bling!