Friday, May 25, 2012

     I'm back from my travels, I had a great time visiting. It was a long time in the car for the kids. But they were real troopers! I took a few days off this week from the day job to get caught up at the studio. It's such a luxury to spend all day at the studio, getting covered in dust, paint and glue!
     I found a small medallion in the shape of a crown, and took a mold from it so I could make some earring charms. The original didn't have any holes in it, but I put a hole top and bottom. So I can hang a pretty pearl, and put in earwires.
      I also made this replica cameo, with an image that originally graced the front of an antique metal button. I put it into the reproduced optical lens bezel, to give it a very vintage look. I think it looks like a french court lady-in-waiting or something romantic like that.
     I'm headed back over to the studio to finish some more bezels. No, I didn't forget the giveaway - I promise to pay attention to that soon!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Your new pieces are just gorgeous Lynn! Can't wait to see them in person. Still kicking myself about the crowns, lol.

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

Debbie, I'll be keeping the crowns around for a while, now that I have successfully molded them. So if you don't need them now, you will find them available later. I want to make myself some earrings, when I have time!