Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Small World As the Wing Flies


That Lovebird Bead, being used so succesfully in a design by Deryn Mentock, is in her class at Art and Soul 2009 in Portland . She's also in the Jewelry ZINE that Catherine Witherell collaborated to create, and a co-organizer with Catherine. Such a lot of creativity flowing out there, it's amazing. I knew about the design, but I didn't know it was going to become part of her class, it was a nice surprise.



So I went out to the Etsy store to refresh my memory on the ones I've made, and I think I need to make up some more. These are a matched pair of little bronze colored love birds. I think I made them in the autumn.



This is a light peach rosey colored version that looks very spring-y and Easter seasonal, don't you think? The hole on them goes through the center, top to bottom. I've used them in some designs as a dangle or focal bead.


And this minty, grass green version. I definitely need to make some more of these, they were fun and it's almost spring again, definitely time for lovebirds in the air. I saw a robin in the yard!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In other news updates, I went to the post office last night and had a bonanza! My copy of the Spring 2009 Belle Armoire Jewelry Magazine with my article in it has arrived, and there's lots of good company in it. Deryn Mentock has an article, and so does Gaea! So if you get a chance run down to the booksellers and pick up a copy, it's full of great information and beautiful photography on jewelry techniques and inspirations. If anything, I think it's thicker and has more pages this time. It goes on sale March 1, but sometimes you can find it a day or two early in the periodicals section.

I also had a package from Catherine Witherell, the Jewelry ZINE arrived, and I was lost in it for hours last night. It's full of good information, it's beautiful - go to Catherine's blog and get the information on how to get a copy, you'll be happy you did!

1 comment:

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

This bead is wonderful!

Stephanie
Queen of Dreamsz