Saturday, March 14, 2009

New to Old, Ecru and Bronze



Lookie, at the pretty little package that came in the mail! Doesn't it look intriguing?


Remember me mentioning using blue glass beads from StudioRent with the leaf charm from EveryHeartCrafts and the bird print pendant? I went over to the Etsy shop for StudioRent to make the link, and I found some goodies I had to have for some new designs I'm working on. These are perfect, round and simple colors of white, baby blue and daffodil yellow.


The card is letterset printed, very old school and beautiful. I will add it to my wall collage of collected business cards and contact information from friends and collaborators! These beautiful natural toned beads are sitting on the back side of the card that was attached to the package.


These three are larger and very special, the colors are lovely! For some reason they remind me of pheasant feathers, or quail eggs, with the little spots and dots. Parts of them remind me a little bit of the pattern on monarch butterfly wings, but that could just be my eye fooling me. Do you see it?


The colors must be hanging in my mind, when I went to the art supply store to pick up some acrylic paints, I found some new paint colors I want to use with my beads and with collages.

I didn't know that there was such a thing as unbleached titanium ecru, did you? Sort of like unbleached muslin color. I haven't opened it yet to see what it does with my process, but I'm itching to get into it.


I even bought new paint brushes. And irridescent rich bronze acrylic paint. Doesn't it just sound luscious?

See the stacks of polymer clay, all waiting to become some fun bead or component? Those easter egg colors aren't what I usually use, but something in the air must be moving me in this direction. The local art supply store was having a half price sale so I stocked up on polymer clay and decided to play with some new colors too.


The blue acrylic paint is Phthalocyanine Blue (Green Shade) - I've been using it for a while, but don't ask me how to pronounce it. I just find the tube with the long, long name and that's how I know I have the right one.

It's just like the first week of school when all your school supplies are brand new and you can't wait to get started using them. Gotta get back to the paint palette and mix some of these up! And try to keep them off my fingers, if possible.

3 comments:

SummersStudio said...

I love those speckled beads. New paint brushes are such a treat. And I've got some of that irridescent bronze paint. I used it in a glaze for hall bathroom. It is just beautiful stuff.

Laurel said...

THAY-low-SIGH-ah-neen? or some would say THAH-low-SIGH-ah-neen.....whatever - I love your work!

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

Thanks, I would never have gotten that pronunciation on my own and the art store folks would have me pegged as a novice for sure!

Appreciate the kind words!

And yes, that irridescent bronze paint is the BOMB - lovely goodness in a tube - I used it on the medal with wings and it is pretty-pretty!