Thursday, April 2, 2009

New Friends


One thing I've enjoyed so much about being on-line and having the blog is that you get to meet so many nice, creative and talented people.

I made a focal bead for a pendant a while back, and being the slowest jewelry maker around Planet Earth it took me a while from the time I made the focal to the time I assembled the necklace.



Kim at artdogslife took it home with her, and I was so pleased. I really like when the jewelry goes home with folks that I know will appreciate it, it's like parting with a favorite treasured item sometimes. I sent it out, and she wrote a really nice post about it with that lovely photo. I love the way she arranged the picture, so feminine.

While doing research on trades and charms for Artfest, I ran across her blog, and realized she might be going, too. So we emailed about that, and I can't wait to meet her in person. I think we even have a class together!

So it's fun and creates connections, being on the blog and on Etsy, I've met so many nice people I wouldn't have met any other way.

4 comments:

Fanciful Expressions said...

I agree. My DIL is the one that started me on my blog. I was so hesitant and now I'm so happy I'm doing it.
Even if I don't get to meet people in person, it's so nice to know that there are kindred spirits out there.

Carolyn

Lani Gerity said...

I sure enjoyed talking with you today at ArtFest! Now I'm going to speed off to etsy! Love, Lani
(Kim's friend)

Unknown said...

love the blog...

and meeting so many new friends..

seeing so much awesome talent...

mona & the girls
ps so glad we popped in...

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

Carolyn, you are one of my on-line buddies and I love hearing from you every time! Missed checking on you while I was offline this week!

Hi, Lani! Wasn't it fun ... and exhausting in a wonderful kind of way too!

Mona, thanks for the kind words of encouragement and for dropping by!