Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Andrew Thornton and Gifts of Creativity


There are designers I admire and I have curiousity about what they might create with some of my work, if they had some beads or components in their hands.


Andrew Thornton is one of those designers whose work I've followed and admired, and a while back I sent him some of my pieces. This faux-tique Eiffel Tower tag is one of the components. And a hand-colored resin cast wing.


I wander around with ideas, things I want to make when I have time. I wish I had more time to make jewelry from the beads, tokens and charms myself. Even better is seeing what other talented people do with what I create.

It's a gift to myself, as well as giving to someone else. I need to make another similar Eiffel Tower tag for myself, too.

3 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

Andrew Thornton is indeed a brilliant designer. I can't wait to see what he comes up with for your beautiful components. He never disappoints. I love the Eiffel tower! Enjoy the day! Erin

Andrew Thornton said...

Hey there! Thanks so much again for your thoughtful and lovely gifts. I used the wing here: http://andrew-thornton.blogspot.com/2009/07/fifteen-new-designs.html (The wing looks a little different in the light I shot the picture.)

I'm not sure what exactly I'll use the other pieces for. They're waiting for just the right project.

P.S. THANKS Erin for your kind words as well!

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

I took a peek at the piece, Andrew, and (of course) it's gorgeous and in good company with the other components.

This is the part of creating them that I love, seeing what they go out to become! Wonderful, thanks for sharing with me ...