Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Artfriends and All Who Pass This Way



November is one of the months when I start to make my "blessing list" of Thankful Things.

My resolution this week is to take some time to thank my blog readers and Artfriends. The online community I stumbled into, beginning in October 2007, two years ago.

The stream of followers, readers - those who comment and those who lurk and read and never comment - who have come along on this journey with me.


Some come often, I know this because you tell me you read the blog with your morning coffee. Like the next-door neighbor who comes to brighten every morning with cafe au lait and laughter.

Some drop by occasionally and catch up on what's been going on.

I appreciate all of you. That's why the coupons (what coupons? if you leave a reply to the blog and it sends me your email address, you will find out!) and the giveaways.

A simple THANKS just doesn't seem like enough. But I'll start there anyway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My memory is fuzzy. I forgot to refill a prescription that I meant to call in to the pharmacy.

I blame some of it on the attempt to stop the caffeine. Don't "they" say that it enhances memory or something? But I'm experimenting to see if stopping it helps with the insommnia a bit.

This week I've slipped and had some caffeine in hot tea, you'd think it would make a difference with the memory, but apparently not enough.

If you're waiting on a shipment, I ran out of envelopes for shipping so there's been a slight delay. I blame it on the lack of caffeine. But I'll pick up some when I get the prescription.

Sigh. One thing I dislike is feeling disorganized or discombubulated. I've been using sticky notes a lot lately. Making lots of lists.

A terrible trade-off between no caffeine for the sleep deprivation and no memory enhancement from the daily cup of coffee.

Somehow, even though they're yummy, the fruit smoothies just aren't quite the same as that first cup of joe!

9 comments:

LDWatkins said...

De-Caf doesn't help? That's tough. I just don't drink it after noon. I do drop by often to see your new beauties and always enjoy your work. Hugs

Katie said...

Wow - no caffeine? I've done it before and survived, but right now in my life, I couldn't imagine life without it...haha...You may be OK drinking some earlier in the day - you may just need to stop drinking it early in the evening so it doesn't keep you up (this coming from someone who has a can of Diet Coke permanently attached to her nightstand...)...

Hope you get un-discombobulated :o)

Doreen said...

I have tried (and failed) many times to give up my coffee. I just like it too much. Plus there are withdrawal headaches. At least I've managed to keep it to a mug(or a mug and a half) in the morning. Decaf just doesn't get it. Tea is boring. It's just the way it is. Sigh.

Riki Schumacher said...

I can't do caffeine either, give me problems. Might be time to find a quiet spot, sit on the floor, close your eyes for five minutes, and let life catch up to your head! That helps me from time to time. Everything will work out!

TesoriTrovati said...

I have tried to quit the coffee thing cold turkey and it never works. I was thinking of doing it again soon...but maybe not! I already drink a hefty morning "liquid courage" dose (I wrote a poem about it once!) and I still use sticky notes everywhere. Being an online bloggy friend with you is such a treat. Thanks for sharing all of your inspiration with us. Enjoy the day! Erin

EmandaJ said...

Hi Lynn,

I read your bog every day and can hardly wait until you post each morning.

I can't imagine a day without caffiene (I get mine from strong, hot tea). Without it I'm like you, bumping around in a silvery-grey haze. Hang in, hang on, it'll happen.

Emanda
P.S. chocolate has caffiene too!!

Debbie said...

I enjoy your art! No way could I give up the coffee, especially first thing in the morning. I did give up all caffeine after noon and it helped me to sleep better!

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

Well, I might try de-caffe but often wonder if it would just make me want the "real thing" even more.

I've tried stopping any caffeine after noon, and it didn't help. Right now I'm getting by on five or so hours of sleep a night. I love to sleep! wish I could get 8 or 9.

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

Insommnia Update: I have now definitely noticed an improvement, I'm getting more sleep. So the caffeine removal and smoothie substitution may have helped. Thanks again for all your suggestions and support!