Monday, January 11, 2010

Words and Pictures


This past weekend I pulled out some of the resin pieces I made earlier in the fall, when the weather was milder, and started working on bezels for them.

I like adding the resin to the pewter for the color and the texture. And the resin is lightweight, it keeps the pieces lighter when I use them.

These three turned out really well, I thought.

I was concerned I might have to re-learn how to set them, but it was no problem, the hands and eyes remembered.



This one has the word "BREATHE" in old fashioned typewriter style lettering, over a light background. The pewter setting has loops at the top and one hole at the bottom, maybe for a dangle or pretty stones.


I made this one with the word "JOY" in the center and an old photo in the background. It's a lady and gentleman riding in an old fashioned automobile, the type with an open top. It reminds me of the flickering movie shows you see sometimes, in black and white, of the turn of the last century.


And this one has a lovely lady's portrait, she looks so serious, surrounded by flowers in the pewter setting.

All three are translucent, the light shines through when you hold them up to a window or lamp.


I like making them that way. Like a tiny, secret picture show.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful pieces!

SummersStudio said...

Lynn, I like all of these pieces. But I especially like that piece with the woman who's got her head tipped just so. She's quite alluring and captured in the resin there is so much mystery.

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

I'm so happy you liked them. I was kind of tickled with them myself, but you're the ones whose opinion is unbiased so that counts!

I'm swamped! someone throw me a rope, I'm in the deep end. Having someone like Amy Hanna point folks in your direction means the door has opened to a whole new group and, although exciting, is a little overwhelming.

I keep repeating - one thing at a time, one day at a time, you can do this!

And I guess sleep is overrated, right? LOL

Riki Schumacher said...

I love these Lynn! Especially the one that says BREATHE. I used that word on a post recently, did you see it? Congrats on sending some beautiful pieces to Amy, way to go. So happy for your success. Take care, stay warm!

SueBeads said...

Hi Lynn -you are really doing some gorgeous work these days!