Monday, March 8, 2010

An Old Girl Looking New, A New Girl Looking Old


It warmed up this weekend and I was able to pour some resin. It's been quite a while!

I made a few really special things, it was a very productive time in the studio. I love that these are translucent, if held up to a light or window they shine from inside like screen stars from the silent movie days.


I'm getting kind of an old-time feeling from these pieces.

I was looking at some catalogs of old Victorian memento mori jewelry, and I think it inspired some of these ideas.


Photographs of children made to be worn as a brooch or necklace, to keep the images near at hand.

On the other hand, with Mother's Day coming, maybe I'm thinking about relationships between mothers and children.

I hope the weather stays above freezing for a few more days - I have more ideas to explore!

No comments: