Thursday, May 13, 2010

Finally!



For a long time now, I've been wanting to make some fun rings. But I've been concerned about sizing and getting it right.

Then I found these ring shanks, and I had to give them a try.

Don't think that these are sterling silver or anything fancy. The ring shanks are some kind of metal, but the fun thing is that they're adjustable.

So I didn't have to fret about finding the right person for the right sized ring - they can be adjusted to the right size.

I cast some pewter pieces that I thought would make interesting ring sets, there's a skull, a resting winged heart and a keyhole.  I measured the un-expanded adjustable ring base, at the beginning it's a size 5 on my ring mandrell.


But I've tested with some other rings, and they can be expanded to fit as needed. 
So if you would like to try some fun finger jewelry, I have these in the Etsy shop now.

I have an idea to make more, some with resin words, maybe with some faux tintypes.

Even with some polymer clay designs, maybe.

If you go for things dainty, you might find these too large, but I think they're fun if you don't mind things a little dramatic!

What do you think - fun?

5 comments:

Spirited Earth said...

i love the winged heart ring.
this is a great idea!
somewhere i heard( not sure if it's true) that 7 is the most common ring size..i wear an 8 ..hint hint.

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

The cool thing is that they are split in the back, so you can expand them to fit, depending on the finger you want to wear them on, and your ring size for that finger! I didn't want to lock in one style to a certain size - so these are just fun rings that can be ADJUSTED as needed - Love that!

sasha + max studio said...

Lovely, Lynn - I too think the heart ring is fun- very nice and fun

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

It's good to know you like the little winged heart, I'm thinking of making a ring with a small skeleton key on it, or maybe a blossom or leaf. Lots of possibilities!

Riki Schumacher said...

These are great Lynn! Love them. Have fun with them. Riki