Thursday, August 5, 2010

Florals for Midsummer



I guess I'm influenced by all the color and the old houses nearby. I hand colored these two focals to look like something from a french piece of furniture, like the knobs and ornaments on feminine beds and cabinets.

One has a yellow background and the other is a pink-purple color, and both look very worn and old.

I found the polymer clay and most of the tools. The things I'm still missing are odd. Like toothpicks, I use them for stirring things.

I'm sure I've seen them, I just haven't been able to come up with the box yet. Maybe it's time for a new box. They're not expensive. I just have to remember to get them.



What else is missing? Some of my glass tools. I'm sure I put them in a safe place. And they'll show up eventually.

And some of my metalworking tools. Nothing big and important, just small ones that I use sometimes.

And the third leg for the soldering tripod. I took it off so it would fit in the box better. Now I have a two-legged tripod.

Send some "finding" vibes my way ...

This is one of the most annoying parts of moving.

And there are a lot of annoying things about moving!

Do you like the new little colors and shapes?

7 comments:

Barbara Lewis said...

These are great! You got settled really quickly. The picture with you and your granddaughter is wonderful ... an image and memory I know you'll treasure forever! Isn't it great when our kids still want to be around us?!

Katie said...

Those new pieces are great! They really do remind me of knobs that you'd see on an old medicine cabinet or something...Something white where the knobs would stand out :o)

Isn't it funny what things decide to disappear when you move? I guess a two-legged tripod is kinda hard to work with...

SummersStudio said...

Lynn, I don't even have to move to have things go missing. But it looks like you've settled in very well in such a very short time. I think you must be very organized to be able to put your studio back together so quickly.

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

What'll be funny is when I find out the things that are missing that I don't even know are missing yet!

I found the toothpicks. The box is almost empty so I think I'll get some more anyway.

Katie, that's kind of what I had in mind when I created those two pieces.

And yes, a two-legged tripod is almost as useful as a two-legged stool!

I'm sure the other leg will show up, and I'll think - "of course, I knew that!" when I find it.

I LOVE color! said...

I am so happy that you are settleing in so quickly. And for sure you will find the things you are looking for just as soon as you replace them. Oh well then you will have a spare. Happy grandmothering. I have so many fond memories of my grandmother.
Be Blessed

Amanda said...

I love these! I can imagine creating the most beautiful necklace with them :)

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

I'm happy you like them, it was the first time I worked with these ideas and I was pleased with the way they turned out. I want to develop it some more.