Sunday, October 24, 2010

Blind as A Bat, Clumsy as An Ox


On Thursday night I went over to the studio to package up some things that needed to be shipped.

I dropped my glasses and broke them - AGAIN.

I carefully collected the pieces, even the teensy screws. Whew, I'll be able to put them back together and fix them, I'm thinking to myself.

Then, somewhere between the door of the studio and the car, I dropped the lens in the yard! OOOOOH NOOOOO!

It was too dark to look for it.

And I'm about to drive hours to see my family.

Do I have timing, or what?
No time to go to the eyeglass place and get  new ones made real quick.
Sigh.

So if you see someone in North Texas, squinting and looking over the top of some really old eyeglass frames - that would be ME!

2 comments:

SummersStudio said...

You poor thing. I can't see anything close up without reading glasses. And I have to admit that I've been too vain to go and get bifocals. Have a lovely trip, though. I'm glad you've got a back up pair.

Vintajia Adornments said...

I'm 'death to eyeglasses tooo' Even destroyed a titanium frame so go cheapies now.
Enjoy your trip.