Sunday, October 31, 2010

Discovery



My daughter took this photo at the end of our trip to North Texas. We did a lot of visiting and ate a lot of food.

Traveling with a two-year-old in the back seat has its own special sense of togetherness. We thought the grandbaby would take a long nap in the carseat. Ummm, does 30 minutes even count as a nap? I didn't think so!

We came back on Monday, and back to the day job on Tuesday. The studio is a bit chilly. Know why?

Today we figured out that, in both houses, we didn't get the gas turned on yet. A big huge DUH!

We went to turn on the heat in the house, it was 60 degrees inside, and no heat. A head-scratcher. We checked the electrical box, any breakers off? Nope.

We went to check the pilot light. It wasn't lit. Ahh, that's the problem. 

And it wouldn't light. Because there was no gas!

So we are bundled up this weekend until we can call the town office and have the gas turned on to the house.

Sometimes, it's the little things.

So I'm headed over to the studio now to open the doors and let some warm, outdoor air in. To warm things up a bit. Since it's going to be 70 degrees today outdoors!

3 comments:

SummersStudio said...

I'll send you are 85F weather if you like. Nice to hear the heads up about car napping and little girls. We'll be helping our DIL and grand daughter on a ten hour move to Ft Cambell in March. Better lay in some distractions, heh?

Beatnheart said...

Yikes!!! I need my warmth. I’d probably be under the covers or over at a friends house. Hope you get hooked up soon...

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

LeAnn, I had a secret weapon - children's shows on DVD and a small DVD player. It worked for over 3 hours! I'll take it. Have good travels and get lots of finger foods for munching, that helped too.

Cynthia, it actually made it up to 80 degrees today, so I still have time to get the gas hooked up before any real cold weather hits. But I did dig out my wool felt beret - made me feel warm and artistic at the same time!