Friday, October 22, 2010

Gratitude and Amazement


Last weekend, when I met Katie Nelson at her beading class, she had a little present for me.

I feel so lucky, all these talented people want to give me things. And they're beautiful!

The focal and the little accent beads are by Heather Powers. I just love her esthetic, the colors and the shapes. It's more lovely in person than in the photos I've admired in the past.



And to top it off, Katie made a necklace with bronze seed beads, in a spiral pattern.

I have no idea how she does that.

At the class I was watching her, she was using little teensy beads to make a lovely spiral pattern necklace.



She says it relaxes her, although I think I'd be cross-eyed and tense like a harp string if I tried to do it!

I feel so fortunate to have such friends!

Thanks, thanks, thanks ... I will wear it and love every minute, thinking of both my friends who collaborated to make it for me.

5 comments:

Lorelei Eurto said...

aww sweet! That necklace is gorgeous. katie nelson is a true talent a sweet person to boot! I hope i get to run into her again soon. :)

Katie said...

Thanks Lynn! I was hoping you would like it - when I was looking at it, I thought it might remind you of some of the fall colors you miss now that you're in Louisiana...

Thanks Lorelei :o) I hope to run into you again soon, too...Funny how those pesky day jobs can get in the way sometimes...

TesoriTrovati said...

Really amazing work, Katie! That is my color palette for sure. How nice to have such a thoughtful friend!
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Alice said...

Beautiful!!! I don't know how people work with those tiny beads--I would go cross-eyed for sure.

What a special gift!

WW said...

OK, what does this say about me, the first time I glanced at the picture, I thought it was made of chocolate.
Other than that I thought it was a beautiful piece.