Sunday, October 10, 2010

Round Bubble Button


In the goodie bag that Erin loaned me, I found a large round button. I wanted to turn it into something fun for jewelry designs. So I cast it as a hollow circle with two holes.

I can see it as the focal bead for a bracelet or necklace.



It's a little large to become one of the rings, unless you're the daring sort that doesn't mind large showy finger gems!

It reminds me of the buttons on military coats from the old European nations.

I also have an idea on how to combine it with one of my bezels, to make a locket design. I'll have to play with that and see if I can figure it out.

2 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

It is so exciting to me to see the potential that you see in these objects. I love that you put the two holes in it. That makes it so versatile. And a locket would make me swoon!
Enjoy the day, Lynn!
Erin

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

Erin, I have this thing about figuring out lockets, so far it has eluded me. Maybe this is the one!