Friday, October 15, 2010

ZaZu Musicalle


This is the music to listen to while reading Deanna Raybourn's book.

Caravan Palace has some fantastic zing-zip-pop to it!

I first heard about it on the radio, listening to NPR. They played some of the music, and I jotted a note so I could search them out.



Their sound has a gypsy lilt to it, with some of the jazzy sounds of the 1930's.

They are from Paris, and have a bistro late night in a smoky cafe sound. They echo Django Reinhardt and a gypsy camp combined with a racy tempo. Here's a link to their official website - it's in french.


They combine the romantic past with the machine age future, to create a sound that's totally new and facinating. I can't stop listening to them.

Try them, see if you can stop tapping your foot and nodding your head!

1 comment:

Fanciful Expressions said...

I checked them out. They're fantastic!
Loved the video's as well. Thanks for sharing.