Thursday, April 21, 2011

Radish

After we bought the empty lot next to our house, I started dreaming of setting up a square foot garden. I got the raised beds, three of them, configured and full of soil mix. It finally got warm enough to plant seeds, and yesterday, my order of dwarf okra seeds arrived. And my bright red tomato cages.

Yesterday, I harvested my first radish. 
And I ate it, with butter and salt.
So fun to eat what you've grown yourself.

Today, my granddaughter had a party at school.
And she wore the blue birdcage outfit.
She looks adorable!

This weekend I'll try to get some pictures of the garden.
Beans, tomatoes, cucumbers and squash.
I can't wait to get that first home-grown, vine ripened tomato!

3 comments:

SummersStudio said...

Lynn, I would dearly love to see photos of your garden. One of the things I'm looking forward to in our move is being able to garden again. It's just too brutally hot and dry here. Radishes will be at the top of my list!

Suz said...

There is nothing like those first radishes! I love the bird cage outfit...just adorable!
Fondly,
Suz

Anonymous said...

HI!!!! Love your blog... and I am so jealous of your garden...but I look forward to following your progress... as my husband and I have never been very lucky in the veggie gargening thing... I am not sure what we do wrong!