Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Fresh Garden Harvest


Aren't these beautiful? If you like green zucchini, I suppose.

This is the first of a batch of zucchini the squash plants have put out the last week or so. We steamed these and had them at a family dinner. Fun!


This is another batch I just picked from the garden on Sunday.
There is a cucumber, some beans and one more zucchini.

I have four kinds of beans growing, including a yellow pod bean. I think I'll cook them all up together and have a little pot of home grown green beans.

This is the second cucumber we've pulled. We ate the first one with rice wine vinegar on it. 

I'm still waiting for the tomatoes to ripen and turn red, but in the meantime, I'm happy to much down on these veggies!

1 comment:

Alice said...

Lovely! I've never been one to get a good garden to grow since we are sitting on top of a coal mine. But I hope my two little tomato plants produce something this year.