Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Awesome Friends

Photo Courtesy Nina Bagley
     I almost missed this. I haven't been on the computer much lately, lots going on in the outside world. I sent the pewter frozen Charlotte with wings to Nina Bagley quite a while ago. I knew she's had it on her work desk, I've seen photos on her blog. I didn't know she had made it into a necklace, until I happened across her blog this week and saw this photo. 
     Of course I love what she's done with it. I'm just happy it inspired her to put it to use. 
     When I look at the first work I was doing with pewter, and compare to what I'm doing now, two things come to mind. 
     1.  I have learned a lot, and progress in how I can use the metal and how it is finished to create components.
     2.  I was a lot braver and more outreaching with the pewter when I first started learning how to create with it.
     Maybe it's that way with any new material or medium we start with, trying new things, experimenting. Then finding a way to use it, going forward with that method. Becoming comfortable with that way of using it.
     Thank you, Nina, for the new life you've put into one of my early attempts with casting metal! And for all your encouragement in continuing with it - you are the best!
     Now, I need to get myself out of my comfort zone, and try more experiments myself!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

that is wonderful!

Riki Schumacher said...

The Charlotte is beautiful Lynn, love what you did with her! And Nina made her look even more lovely. Congrats! You go girl, keep experimenting! xox Riki