Sunday, June 10, 2012

More Bling

      Wow, has it really been a week since I posted here? I've been busy, but usually I can snatch a few minutes to do a post here and there. I'll have to do better, put my blog on my appointment book.
     The last time I went to the studio, I located a few more of the fused glass cabochons to finish. They needed shaping, beveling and a fire polish fusing in the kiln.
     With them propped at this angle, you can see the beveling better on them. I have a lapidary style grinder, with a beveling attachment on it. It has a guide I can use, to make sure I get a true 45 degree angle, or whatever angle I want - but it's kind of hard to put it onto the grinder, so most of the time I don't fuss with that.
     I'm still figuring out how I want to "set" these, possibly in pewter somehow. It's an experiment. I wish I had two of the little orange-red ones - I'd make earrings!

No comments: