Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Changeable


Wanting to create some hair gems, I picked up some clippy-style barrettes. When I found them in the sewing area I remembered that some folks also use these as quilt clips, when they are putting on the binding. They don't leave marks or holes like pins do, and they are easy to remove. They hold tightly until you are ready for them to let go, too.

I am wearing two right now as barrettes with different designs on them, to keep my bangs out of my face. Swanky! And there's a little hole at the end of the clip, it would be fun to add some dangles or ribbons or beads hanging off there!


Then I realized that they can also be used to clip sheets of paper together too, without stapling them or making indentions like paper clips will.

Then quite by accident I clipped one on some pages of a book I was reading to mark my place, and the little design pokes up and the pages aren't harmed. Cute!

How versatile! Any of the hearts or squares designs can be made into clip designs, if folks like them I'm sure I will be making up some more.

So if you need to hang onto some sheets of paper, some layers of quilt or keep hair out of someone's eyes, here's a multi-purpose solution. I like when things have many different possibilities!


And best of all, I've put them in the Super Summer Sale at ExpeditionD! So you can try some out.

5 comments:

SummersStudio said...

What a good idea! I love things that can multi-task, especially as a book mark. All of my book marks are intended as something else.

Anonymous said...

These are adorable! What a great idea.

The Joy of Nesting said...

Hi Lynn,

I've use those little guys to make shoe clips. You can add bows,flowers, bling, shells what ever your imagination desires. :) They are perfect they clip on the toe opening and lay flat so that they don't irritate you foot or toes!!

It's a great way to doll up a boring shoe to match your mood or outfit :)

So you can add that to your list of uses.

Pattie ;)
Mazatlan Mx.

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

I want to make some with hearts and pretty, girly designs, for calico sundresses in the hot summertime.

Pattie, that's a great idea, and I was thinking with the hole through the little tile, some beads could be added there, too, or ribbons. Interesting, huh?

Pretty Things said...

Those are great! I've made some with gauzy butterflies on them for people, but they were a pain to tie and glue. These are MUCH nicer!