Sunday, December 20, 2009

Tiny Book of Good Wishes


Some years ago, I learned how to make star books. I love bookbinding!

I made a book for my daughter with her childhood paper mementos in it, and a star type book with photos of her great and great-great grandparents' photos in it.


This book is a tiny mini star book size that I'm sending as special holiday cards. When open they fan out to create a star shape that can be hung on the tree as an ornament.


This one is going to my daughter for her new baby's Christmas. It has vintage holiday card designs inside, I am hoping she'll like it. The baby can't play with it yet, but hopefully it will be a special memory keeper for the future, Christmas times to come.


I want to make a bunch more - and if you want to make some too, I'll be posting the instructions here after my offering to the Art Bead Scene blog for the 10th day of Christmas post.



They're 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" square on the outside, but they could be made even smaller.

It just depends on how much patience you have!



This one has a cover with a design from the Book of Kells with a faux gem on it, in pink of course! And lots of Christmas greetings for the little girl grandbaby.



So keep an eye on the Art Bead Scene blog, and then come back here for all the instructions and step by step photos.

A perfect project for a cold, blustery day!

9 comments:

Riki Schumacher said...

Lynn, aren't you the multi-talented girl! Wow, that is just beautiful. She will LOVE it! Take care my friend.

EmandaJ said...

OOoo, I can hardly wait!

Happy Holidays,
Emanda

sharon said...

This is gorgeous Llynn!

Anonymous said...

i would love to learn how to make those, they're lovely!

stregata said...

Soooo lovely!

TesoriTrovati said...

Gorgeous...is there no end to your talents, Miss Lynn? That is a treasure to be sure! Enjoy the day! Erin

Anonymous said...

Mine?

Alice said...

Beautiful! I'll be watching for the instructions!

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

Jenny, my dear, that is yours. But you'll have to share with your baby girl. At least, once she's old enough not to try to eat it, LOL.

I'm not sure when the Art Bead Scene piece will run but the instructions are all ready to go!

Thanks for all the nice feedback - I'm off to go make several more tonight, I'm on a roll.