Thursday, February 18, 2010

Resin Meets Frozen Charlotte


You've seen the frozen Charlotte dolls around, I'm sure.

I decided to cast some in resin in a translucent, ivory cream color with just a hint of sparkle.

I put them in the ExpeditionD shop, along with the dyed pearls.

I've made Charlotte in pewter, these look like the porcelain but they're very light and easy to drill, if holes are needed.


I want to play with some myself, for now I've listed the three I made.

They're all different, just like the antique ones, some have only one arm.

Poor Charlotte! But so fun to use her, and here's another way - she's flat on the back so she can be mounted in a bezel or added to the outside of a book.

Frozen just like the white-coated ground outside.

3 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

Why are they called Frozen Charlottes? I am sure there has to be a reason. My favorite crafty aunt was Charlotte and my Tiny Dancer's middle name is the same in tribute. I wonder what I would do with these..... really cool that they look like porcelain. I like that better. Thanks for sharing! Enjoy the day, Lynn! Erin

Alice said...

I've seen these before but never knew what they were called. I'm wondering how they arrived at the name Frozen Charlotte as well.

You've got a great idea going here!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I ran across your blog a few days ago and I'm in love with everything you make. I like how you show what you're making, too. It's great that you share so much of yourself.

I've never heard of Frozen Charlottes, so this is a new experience for me.

I feature a blog every day on my blog, and today (Feb 19) is your day. Thanks for being such an inspiration.