Saturday, May 8, 2010

Slow Moving Day



I got home from the project work last night almost at midnight. Needless to say, I didn't go into the studio. And I allowed myself a slow start today.


It's a very windy day today, and very cool in temperature. I wanted to open the patio door in the studio, but it's actually too cool to be comfortable that way this morning.




I also made another moon face pendant set in a bezel last weekend. I really like these peaceful looking lunar orbs, they have an asian feeling to them.

I have a plan to do a tutorial on making some earrings, if I get enough time today I need to do the photos for that, too.

Better get busy, lots on my to-do list today.

3 comments:

Beatnheart said...

Love these pieces Lynn. I admire the piece I won from you everyday...it inspired me to have my own giveaway because now I know how good it feels to see your name as a winner...Thanks again! Cynthia Wolff

mairedodd said...

i am so in love with the moon faces - they are becoming one of those things that i cannot shake from my head! gorgeous...

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

Cynthia, I'm so happy to hear that you were pleased with the heart charm! I hope it inspires your creativity.

Mary Jane, thanks for the kind words about the moon face.

When I was living in Houston, before I moved to the midwest, I stopped by a favorite bead shop on my way out of town, leaving for the last time, and bought a carved asian bone face, this is the source of the original.

So it has meanings of change, adventure and wistfulness to me, the smiling face with eyes closed, facing toward the future but dreaming of the past.

I'm happy you like it ...