Saturday, August 7, 2010

Pink Wheat



I made it through the week! I'm excited at the way things are coming together for me. This three-way connector reminds me of carved wood, with the wheat and floral design. Very sweet color and feeling, sort of feminine.

On Tuesday evening we had the grandbaby and her sweet mother over for dinner, something quick and simple but the first time we'd shared a meal in the house.

I have been creating every day, trying to get back into the swing of things.

I want to make some fused glass faux gems, and if it stays hot like this, I'll take the box of shredded paper we saved from the move for padding and use it to create sheets of handmade recycled paper.

It would feel good to be all wet and sloppy, making paper.

There's no neat and clean way to do it. I may even take a folding table out in the yard and just let everything splash everywhere.

There's nothing like a hot summer day to make being wet and sloppy feel wonderful.

Later I'll take some more photos of the semi-complete studio.

Still a few boxes to finish unpacking - don't tell!

4 comments:

Pretty Things said...

That's so great that you're creating every day! I don't think that will happen with me until Zack goes back to school the end of this month -- but that's ok! I have plans....

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

We'll see how long I can keep this project going - it depends on sales in both shops.

Fingers crossed! If you see something you love, snag it and give me a vote of confidence...

Unknown said...

That is an absolutely beautiful pendant!!! I want it!! Just lovely...

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

Thanks, Janet! Next week I want to make some that are similar but other colors, like a baby blue and a mint green ... and my favorite, the creamy ivory.