Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Saints of Football


During the holidays, I used some of the cast pewter medallions to make key chains.

This one is for a friend to give to her son.

I took the tag with the medieval lettering on it, with a symbolic icon on it, and added a fleur de lys dangle.



The idea is the Saint for the Saints. Around here, where I'm living now in central Louisiana, the fleur de lys has a very definite symbolism. 

Involving the football team. Who may need extra help this year. Thus the divine intervention.

I wanted to make some gifts that were more masculine, using the cast pewter emblems.
GO SAINTS.
or as they say around here,
GEAUX SAINTS!

1 comment:

SummersStudio said...

This is a good idea. I often struggle with wanting to make things for the guys in my life. I did make a key chain for my son in law for Christmas. It was the first time anyone had ever given him a special key chain, not just one with a bottle opener :-)