Wednesday, June 20, 2012

     My garden is doing very well this year. I've been picking cucumbers and peppers, and I'm waiting for that first red, ripe tomato. I learned from last year to put up the bird block - I lost nine tomatoes from nibbling birds! The bird block doesn't bother the bees, I watched them going in and out to the cucumbers that share the square foot bed with the tomatoes. They are most active in the early mornings.
     I made this oversized floral heart, with pink dogwood and blue forget-me-nots, from an image on an old valentine. 
     It reminds me of my flowerbeds - or at least, the ones I'd like to have!

2 comments:

Riki Schumacher said...

So pretty Lynn, just saying hi!!
Happy Summer, would love to see your garden!
Hugs,
Riki

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

Hi, Riki - I'll try to remember to go out and take some pictures in the garden. I picked cherry tomatoes this morning, yum! and lots of cucumbers on the way. I like to eat them fresh from the garden, with rice wine vinegar and salt on them!