Friday, June 15, 2012

Pewter in Pewter

      This pendant is a pairing of two different items, to create one final item with a certain "look." The center piece is cast in pewter and given a coppery-bronze patina. The original was a salvaged button from the Galveston hurricane, that I molded so I could reproduce it in pewter. To me it has a southwestern look, like the four corners of a spanish style cross from New Mexico. You might see something different there.
     I took the central part, and matched it up with my replica optical lens bezel, to make a focal pendant out of it. The central piece has a slightly domed effect, it's not just flat. I like the look of the two of them together. I think it would be pretty combined with copper beads and wire.
     I've had family things and work things going on, but this weekend I have time for creativity things!

No comments: