Thursday, February 26, 2009

Framing Thoughts






I showed this little seashell framed specimen in an earlier post and it was unfinished, I had to figure out how to finish it and complete the hanging part.

I have been hoarding some of Gaea's ceramic beads from a bead mix she sent me a while back, so I encased a round one in some oversized filigree and used it to finish off this dangle. The resin shell is framed and sits on top of a resin cabochon - if you look through it there's a transparent golden glow through to the back.


The golden ruddy shell looks like part of a collection from a victorian showcase, especially with the black ornate frame on the back.


Or like a slide for an antique projector, the kind they used back then in showing glass slides. Maybe of an expedition to the Amazon in South America, brought back by ship to show to their countrymen. Hanging up, it looks very old and well-worn. Check out more photos at the Etsy shop.

2 comments:

SummersStudio said...

Great finish to it Lynn. I love how the amber back appears to glow.

Jennifer Stumpf said...

very pretty, lynn. i love them. love the lacy bead cap, too.