Monday, March 23, 2009

Green Garden Crown


This design has been waiting to be finished, I probably should have done it before Saint Patrick's day. I just didn't get it pulled all together until recently.


The front of it is cast in resin, from that last batch I showed that had a glint of golden color to it, but tinted with a green color.


The reverse side is polymer clay, and the bead is quite light even though it's substantial, because it's hollow inside.


It reminds me of the designs in wrought iron gates, with a mossy finish from being out in the garden. It reminds me of the castle garden, of the place I stayed on the trip to Ireland, when we were near the coast. That rustic ancient feeling, still moist from a dewy morning.

There are more photos at the Etsy shop, if you want to take a peek.

3 comments:

SummersStudio said...

I like how the bead is 2 sided, related themes but different feel. It didn't last to long in your Etsy shop so somebody else loved it as well! You need to make more of these.

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

I have a couple more in the works, I'm just slower than I'd like to be in getting things finished - thanks for the encouragement! Now that spring has hit the calendar and the days are longer maybe I can get more productivity going too.

dogfaeriex5 said...

now that is a precious bead..someone had the luck of the irish to grab that one up quick!
xo