Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Admiration of Fleur de Lys


Remember a while back, I asked for advice, and learned that the fleur de lys emblem is a particular favorite of some of you?


I cast the fleur de lys charm in pewter and combined it with an oval I created that looks like an ancient map or compass rose design. I added a large and a small loop on either side.


Either end could be the top, I guess it could even be used as a toggle in the front of a design. Put a toggle bar through the hole, or use as the loop for a lariat stranded necklace to hang through.

I like the coppertone color on the cast pewter, and the warm colors of the oval showing underneath. It looks really ancient! Like it came off an old doorknocker for a cabin on a sleeper train, like the Orient Express!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm preparing for my trip down south to see the family, apparently I'm distracted and absent-minded. If I've promised you something, or owe you anything that should be shipped, don't be shy about asking me. I am involved in packing and arrangements and just a teensy bit scattered! All help is appreciated ... I need to make lists of my lists!

8 comments:

Kristin said...

As one of those Fleur de Lys fans (and a girl with serious crushes on both NOLA and Paris, the fleur de lys cities), let me just say, these are STUNNING! I can't wait to get my hands on one, or fifty, of them.

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

Thanks, Kristin! I'm headed near to NOLA real soon, maybe that's adding to the inspiration ... and check your mailbox, you've got MAIL! LOL

sharon said...

This is beautiful Lynn! Love the whole thing and the warm colortone.

TesoriTrovati said...

You really do amaze me Miss Lynn! I need to create with the things I just got from you before I covet more. Go and be inspired on your trip to make ever more fascinations. Enjoy the day! Erin

The Joy of Nesting said...

Another wonderful marriage!!

For me your pieces evoke thoughts of artifacts from the late first and second centries. When the world's different cultures were beginning to explore and commingle with eachother. When the atrisans were learning from eachother and pushing the envelope inorder to give life to their creations. :)

Pattie ;)
Mazatlan Mx.

Emerson Bindery said...

Wow, nice work! Very inspiring pieces!

Designs by Blanche said...

I read my Google Reader at lunch on my cell phone and it's tee-tiny..I had to come back tonight to see your fluer de lis...BEAUTFUL!

Stacey said...

Beautiful! I really do love your pieces! Enjoy your trip to see your family. I just got to go back home to see friends (even made some new ones) and family - it was so what I needed - now to shake the sadness of missing them!