Sunday, June 28, 2009

In the Anchor Seaport Classy Spirit

Can you tell I'm headed toward the coast?

I promise, I'm affected by what's going on around me. I made this focal medallion in one long, straight-through late night (early morning) work session.

It has a design behind the pewter that looks like a map pattern or compass rose, and the reverse is french script words overlaid on map lines.


Since I'm headed toward a water-related vacation location, my hands are suddenly reaching for boat and nautical themes.


The colors are very subtle and sweet, it embodies some of the medallion designs I wanted to find as antiques but didn't locate in Ireland on the last trip. It's a substantial medallion, and the detail on the anchor and rope pattern is vivid!

Anchors aweigh! and I need to get some sleep and stop staying up so late!

1 comment:

Cindy Gimbrone said...

Ah another lovely piece, Lynn! It was worth staying up all night to complete.

Enjoy your water related vacation :-)

Cindy